Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA)
Check availability and price at the time of purchaseHand Sanitizers
Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) 70% – 99%
“Premium Pharmaceutical Grade”
Isopropyl alcohol is an excellent disinfectant for all hard surfaces. – here are just a few of it uses:
- A Disinfectant for surfaces, utensils and equipment.
- Skin cleaner, Antiseptic and antibacterial agent, Kills Virus on surfaces.
- Hand & Surface sanitiser.
- Deicer – removes frost from windscreens and frees up frozen locks.
- Great glass and mirror cleaner when mixed with about 5-10 parts of water (especially when used with some newspaper to wipe off).
- Removes many ink and permanent marker stains ( but not all ).
- Great for cleaning and disinfecting phones, computers and office equipment.
- Cleans Dry wipe boards to remove the residue/shadow.
- Removes the glue/sticky residues left on surfaces after removing labels, price tags and stickers.
- Emergency Ice packs – when mixed with 2 parts of water and sealed in a bag solution can be kept in freezer and is ready for use.
- Metal cleaner – removes fingerprints, water spots and light soiling from chrome, stainless steel, brass etc. Cleans and shines.
- Room spray – mix a few drops of fragrance oils and mix thoroughly in a spray bottle.
- Odor eliminator for shoes and footwear. Spray Rubbing alcohol into shoes and allow to dry before putting on.
Properties & Specification
- Synonyms: isopropyl alcohol; propan-2-ol; 2-propanol; IPA; isopropanol; dimethylcarbinol; isohol; petrohol;
- Formula: C3H7OH
- CAS No: 67-63-0
- EINECS No: 200-661-7
- Molar mass: 60.1 g/mol
- Density: 0.786 g/cm3
- Solubility: miscible in water
- Melting point: -89 C
- Boiling point: 82.5 oC
- Flash point: 13 C (closed cup)
- Autoignition temperature: 399 C
- Explosion limits: Upper 12% – Lower 2%
- Acidity (pKa): 16.5
- Viscosity: 1.96 cP @25C
- Vapour pressure: 48 hPa at 20C
- Relative vapour density (air=1): 2
- Refractive index: 1.3776